One of my friends asked "Why do you pay so much money and spend so much time running around for your son/daughter to play GAA ?" Well I have a confession to make: I don't pay for my son/daughters GAA . Or his/her Boots , kit Or his training time, clinics and camps.
So, if I am not paying for gaelic games what am I paying for?
- I pay for those moments when my son/daughter becomes so tired he/she feels like quitting but doesn't.
- I pay for the opportunity that my son/daughter can have and will have to make life-long friendships.
- I pay for the chance that he/she may have amazing instructors that will teach him that hurling/football/Camogie is not just about a game but about life.
- I pay for my child to learn to be disciplined.
- I pay for my son/daughter to learn to take care of there body.
- I pay for my son/ daughter to learn to work with others and to be a proud, supportive, kind and respectful team member.
- I pay for my child to learn to deal with disappointment, when he/she doesn't get that score they hoped for, or handpass during a breakaway he has practiced a thousand times, but still gets up and is determined to do there BEST next time...
- I pay for them to learn to make and accomplish goals.
- I pay for my them to learn that it takes hours and hours and hours and hours of hard work and practice to create a champion, and that success does not happen overnight.
- I pay so that my son/daughter can be on the pitch instead of in front of a screen...
I could go on but, to be short, I don't pay for GAA I pay for the opportunities that Gaa provides my child to develop attributes that will serve them well throughout there life and give them the opportunity to bless the lives of others. From what I have seen for many, many years, I think it is a great investment! 💪🏼🔴⚪️🏐 ...
Roy Buckley Music The Oliver Plunkett The Frisky Whisky Bar PJ Coogan - MC / Compére Bagatelle "Dublin City Ramblers" Fan Page John Spillane Roy Buckley Liam Reilly Stocktons Wing EchoLive.ie Cork's 96FM C103 Cork Corks RedFM 104-106 IMRO Ireland Cork Independent Cry Youghal Independent.ie Irish Examiner RTÉ Today RTÉ Radio 1 Forgotten Ireland Meanwhile in Ireland IrishCentral.com WhazOn Cork Cork Live Music Guide PJ Coogan ...
See the world-famous multi-platinum record selling Liam Reilly from Bagatelle with the The Song Collector Sessions in an intimate performance next Wednesday 27th March at 8pm right here in The Oliver Plunkett!
Joined by such Irish music legends as Roy Buckley, John Spillane, Mike Hanrahan of Stocktons Wing and Sean McGuinness of "Dublin City Ramblers" Fan Page